The future of Eboue Kouassi in the Celtic first-team squad doesn’t look too great after reports emerged towards the end of the transfer window that the Hoops were urging the player to look for a permanent move away from the club.
The Daily Record reported on Friday morning that the 20-year-old midfielder had been told he was surplus to requirements, just 18 months after arriving from Russian side Krasnodar for a fee of around £3m.
He’s made just 19 appearances in Celtic colours to date and while there’s been the odd impressive performance, most notably against FC Zenit last season, many of them have either been forgettable or downright poor.
He arrived with much praise from manager Brendan Rodgers, who suggested he could be a long-term replacement for Scott Brown in the central midfield area.
Clearly those plans haven’t quite worked out and the fact he was told to find a new club is fairly notable.
What the future now holds for him remains to be seen but the smart money would be him leaving Celtic Park in January.
What are your thoughts on the Eboue Kouassi signing? Have your say in the comments below…